It is nearing Christmas time again, which means I am hosting my third annual “nominate a deserving mom” award. I will be selecting 3 moms who will each receive $500 cash. I will also pick two others who will receive $250 worth of products or services.
This is my third year doing this and I would like to mention again from last year, I am not a big fan of public giving and believe it should mostly be done anonymously. But once a year I do this in hopes of challenging you to give over the holiday season, whether it is your time, advice, stuff, or money. I also want to find the most deserving moms for this money to help them end 2010 a little happier and I hope some of the stories touch you enough to give. Last year we had someone read one of the stories and give $500 to the woman. Another person bought a woman 2 months worth of bootcamp.
Some of you might have missed the interview I did about 9 months ago with one of the winners. If this story doesn’t inspire you, I don’t know what will.
Here are the rules:
1. Entries must be submitted in the comment box below. Tell why the mom you are nominating deserves the money, and what she might do with it. It doesn’t have to have a fitness or health theme to be chosen, but it does help.
2. Contest ends Thurs Dec 23rd at Midnight CST.
3. All stories must be true and will be verified if selected as one of the winners.
4. You can’t nominate yourself.
5. Please share this with as many people as possible in order for me to find the most deserving moms.
6. Please be reading the stories and if one really moves you and you want to give, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can get you in contact with the person.
How You Can Help
1. Spread the word about this contest as best you can. Post on your facebook wall, and send a mass facebook message to all your friends letting them know that they can nominate a mom for $500. Using a subject line such as “Do you know a mom who could use an extra $500 around the holidays? My trainer is looking for 3 deserving moms to give $500 each to.” Here is the link to this blog post which is where you will send them. -> http://dustinmaherfitness.com/2010/12/17/nominate-a-deserving-mom/
2. Send an email out to your list letting them know the same thing that you posted on facebook with the link above in the email.
3. Submit a story of a deserving mom.
4. Read through the nominations and email me at email@example.com and let me know if a story really touches you and you want to do something special for them.
5. Have open hearts this Christmas season and go out of your way to help others.