Post by Katie C., blog contributor
Before I started bootcamp, if I only had 30 minutes to work out (or even if I had more time), my default activity would be running. Now that I’ve been doing bootcamp for almost a year, I’ve learned the importance of incorporating strength activities and am a fan of circuit workouts. Here’s a 30 minute circuit workout that I’ve adapted from iVillage. It’s a great way to get in a good workout anywhere without any equipment.
1. Warm up with 8 minutes of cardio (running, jumping jacks, etc)
2. Do one minute of jungle squats
3. Do one minute of push ups
4. Do one minute of reverse V lunges
5. Do one minute of modified chair dips
6. Do two minutes of cardio (any combination of jogging in place, butt kickers, squat jumps, snowboard jumps, etc.)
7. Do one minute of ab exercises (any combination of front planks, bicycles, Russian twists, etc.)
8. Take a 30 second break, then repeat steps 2 through 8 two more times. Your 30 minute intense workout will be done before you know it!