Erica Jones is a health food enthusiast, natural beauty guru and contributor to Fit Moms for Life.
Ridiculously Simple Recipe Helps to Clear Skin, Fight Cancer & More
I’m not a fan of raw cauliflower. Not even a little bit. When I see those pre-made raw veggie trays in grocery stores and they have the ranch dip in the middle, I always wonder why they waste space by offering up raw cauliflower.
It’s one of those veggies (right along with broccoli) that I just can’t stomach raw. But I know that there are incredible health and skin benefits to eating cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. So I add them to my diet in a way that’s palatable to me.
And this recipe is such a tasty way to serve up cauliflower and get its health benefits. But it’s not just the cauliflower—it’s also the turmeric, cilantro, cumin and fresh lemon juice that also add benefits:
- Cauliflower helps to fight cancer, promotes health digestion and fights free radicals which helps to reduce early signs of aging and give skin a youthful glow.
- Turmeric has long been recognized for its anti-inflammatory effects which is the root cause of pretty much every chronic condition in Western nations. Chronic, low-level inflammation can also cause persistent breakouts, blemishes and age spots.
- Cilantro and lemons are foods that naturally detoxify the body and help to remove impurities from your skin. This can definitely help in having a clear complexion.
- Cumin aids in digestion which is directly linked to your complexion. Healthy digestion is a precursor for clear, gorgeous skin while acne prone and blemished skin is almost always a symptom of poor digestive health (which can be corrected with optimal nutrition, gentle detoxification and lifestyle strategies).
This recipe packs a major punch when it comes to health and skin benefits. And if you’re not even really a fan of cauliflower, I encourage you to try it because you might be surprised by how much you like it.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds (or 1 ½ tsp ground cumin)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- Small handful of chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil along with the tomatoes, garlic and seasonings.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until cauliflower is just touched with golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and cilantro for garnish.
- Sautéed Kale with Balsamic Vinegar