Summer is winding down fast and school and a more predictable schedule are about to begin. This summer, more then any other summer I can remember, I have been hearing excuses of why it is harder to stay fit and lean. Parties, vacations, erratic kids’ schedules, cookouts… the list goes on and on. But in the end, they are all excuses, because I also have many clients (who are just as busy as the rest of us) who do make it a priority and who have lost massive amounts of weight this summer.
The Fit Moms For Life staff has created an exciting 21 Day Clean Eating and Exercise Challenge that I hope will be a not-so-gentle kick in the butt that you and I need (I am doing this right alongside you).
Will it be hard? ABSOLUTELY.
The beauty of this challenge is that anyone in the world can participate for free. I am making it available for everyone… the rules, the tests, and the daily challenges. If someone wants to attend our workouts, or use our specific fat-burning eating plans that go along with the challenge, they can pay a nominal fee. (If you are an existing local client, you will get access to this information for free. We will send a link to our private members’ area for this challenge later this week.)
The Challenge officially starts Monday Sept 8th. There will be a kickoff party (if you can make it to Madison) the night before, on Sunday Sept. 7th, at 6:00 pm at the Transformation Center.
I have structured the challenge in a way that the more people that can do this the better. This is because it isn’t a competition against each other, but rather a collaborative supportive challenge, in which the more people that do it together, the easier it becomes.
In short here are the “rules” of the 21 days:
- No soda
- No soy
- No coffee
- No alcohol
- No fast food
- 96 ounces of water/day (3 quarts)
- 6 or more servings of vegetables each day
- No fake sugars like sucralose and aspartame
- Write down 3 things you are thankful for each day
- Get 7 or more hours of sleep/night (or an additional nap)
- Complete 3-exercise pre and post-test (video included)
- No processed vegetable oils (canola, soybean, corn, palm)
- Participate in fun daily challenges like “do 100 squats today.”
- No food that has the word “enriched” in the first 3 three ingredients
- No fruit juice or other calorie filled drinks (unsweetened teas are ok)
- Exercise at least 14X (20 min/session and 8 weight session minimum)
- No processed corn products (high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, etc)
For most reading this, there will be a couple of the “rules” that make you grouchy or even a little angry. That is ok, it is only 21 days! If you do live in the local Madison area, I have only 20 spots available for non-clients to join the in-person challenge at the crazy low rate of 2 payments of $35.
We also have a “digital” plan that you can sign up for too.
In a couple days I will be sharing with you our daily challenge calendar and the 3 pre- and post-challenge fitness test exercises you will be doing.
I have given a similar challenge to a small group of clients in the past, and based on their results, I can say that many of you will lose 6-12 lbs in just 21 days. It is almost like a cleanse, without all of the potential side effects. We are cleansing the body of most toxins and breaking the body of unhealthy cravings.