If you’ve ever tried to lose weight, you’ve probably tried a dozen diets that have not worked. Maybe you lost weight, only to gain it back again. Or maybe the diet just wasn’t practical for your family. Perhaps it left you feeling worse than when you started. The thing about diets is that almost all of them are too extreme and too restrictive. They just aren’t sustainable.
Not only are many of them ineffective, they are potentially harmful. They may require you to spend a lot of money on questionable supplements or highly processed foods. Some may damage your metabolism, making it even more difficult to lose weight. Worst of all, the diet industry doesn’t want you to succeed! They want you to keep trying to lose weight, over and over again. Marketers are constantly trying to figure out ways to trick you into thinking that their diet or their pill is the one that will get results.
But they are misleading and deceiving you in order to get you to part with more of your hard-earned money. If you want to start to lose weight and feel better, there are 5 foods that you should never eat.
- Fake sugars—These chemicals are created in a lab, not a farm field, and offer no nutritional value. Worse, eating them increases sugar cravings and may contribute to cancer and other disease.
- White bread and other sources of “enriched flour”—White flours, where all of the grain’s natural bran and fiber has been stripped away, are very quickly converted to sugar in the body and have almost no nutritional value. They increase sugar and carb cravings and are quickly stored as fat if your cells cannot use that energy right away.
- Processed vegetable oils—While often considered healthy, most vegetable oils such as canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, and margarine are highly processed and cause inflammation in the body. Recent research is implicating them as a major factor in heart disease and obesity.
- Fat-free foods—Again, while often labeled as healthy, most fat-free foods are highly processed and full of sugar. They lack the nutrients your body needs and will leave you with cravings and feeling hungry. Natural healthy fats will leave you feeling fuller and will help balance your hormones.
- High-fructose corn syrup and other processed sugars—These highly processed sweeteners will increase your blood sugar more rapidly and significantly than almost anything else. They will leave you with cravings for more sugar and will be stored as fat around your belly, while giving you very little nutritional value.
Want to know what to eat instead? Join us for a free webinar on July 24, where we will talk about 8 foods that you should be eating more of, and that will help you burn fat and build lean muscle.
Hope to see you on the 24th—register now because space is limited to the first 100.
A week from today, the Fit Moms For Life team will be making its biggest announcement in years. We believe this is a game-changer for any person or family looking to making living healthy practical, affordable, and time efficient. Stay tuned!