I recently spent a week out in Colorado hiking a bunch of 14ers. A 14er is a mountain over 14,000 feet. There are between 54-58 of these mountains in Colorado. One of the items on my bucket list is to climb each one of these Colorado 14ers.
Click here to check out the rest of my bucket list and then go create a bucket list of your own!
Climbing mountains (aggressive hiking as I like to call it) is the single most enjoyable activity in my life.
- I love feeling so small against the giant rocks.
- I love being out in nature away from technology.
- I love knowing that my hard work in the gym, in the kitchen, and on the stairs, pays off in such a powerful and tangible way.
- I love the sweat and burn in my legs and lungs as I push on towards the top.
- I love the exhilaration that I feel as I summit and look around at the incredible views.
- I love looking down to the base of the mountain where I started. There is such a sense of accomplishment knowing I just climbed that whole mountain!
- I love the descent – I usually try to run down, at a nearly uncontrollable speed – narrowly missing rolling ankles, landing on rocks, and tripping and falling. For me this is the ultimate adrenalin rush, an even bigger rush than sky diving!
- I love the feeling at the bottom, legs hurting, blisters forming on my feet, and joints a little sore, as I submerge my feet into the glacier filled rivers and streams. I keep my legs in there until I can hardly feel them.
- I love the warm shower after and then the relaxing feeling I get for the rest of the night.
Why did I just share this with you? This is my idea of living life to the max – pushing my body to the limits, discovering who I am, and gaining more confidence and perspective about who I am and what I am capable of accomplishing. Hiking might not be your thing, but I challenge you to discover that activity that gets you in the moment, that you feel giddy about, that gets your heart racing, and- just do it!
One of my biggest fears in life is being sentenced to living a life of just passively letting the days go by as I watch other people fully live out their lives and dreams. Climbing 14ers helps me conquer my bucket list and my fears and makes me feel fully alive!
I’d love to hear what you do that keeps you living fully alive. Ready to commit to doing more of what inspires you to live each day all out? Send me a message at email@example.com and let me know how I can help.
Let’s start out this week living each day all out and fully alive!