I’m super excited because one of my favorite programs that we offer at the TC, Killer Kurves, is now taking applications for our next 12-week session which starts July 7th!
This is the best, most comprehensive program we’ve ever created for helping clients lose significant amounts of weight (50 lbs or more). Right now this program is only being offered locally in Madison, but we have a similar 6 Week Fit Moms For Life program that is being offered all around the world. The FM4L program has had incredible weight loss success as well and uses the same eating, exercise, and mindset principles as our Killer Kurves program.
As I prepared for this Killer Kurves (K2) launch, I spent quite a bit of time personally chatting with the dozens of clients who have lost 40 lbs or more through our programs. As I listened to their successful weight loss journeys, I noticed some definite patterns emerge that I would like to share with you.
Here’s what’s working best for those who have lost significant amounts of weight:
1. Food journaling. Nearly everyone I talked to uses a food journal to log in their daily food intake or comes back to journaling on a regular basis. Most use myfitnesspal.com because of its ease of use and large database of food.
2. Drastically cutting back on sugar and processed carb intake. Some have a rule that they don’t eat after 7 pm which keeps them away from the dangerous foods, while others just make sure that food never enters the house.
3. Changing the way they spend their free time. We have a few husband wife teams that are part of the program and one of these teams has lost close to 80 lbs together. The coolest part of this type of transformation is the drastic change in activity levels that comes with the weight loss. This couples’ vehicle is now spotted around town with kayaks on top and bikes on the back. I bet if you told them last summer this is what their bodies and vehicle would look like, they would have laughed in disbelief! Now they are entering 5Ks and fun runs together and just live a totally different, more active lifestyle.
4. They are ready to change. This is a huge one. Just because someone signs up for K2 and invests in the program doesn’t mean they are ready or willing to do what it takes to be successful. Anyone can say they want to lose weight and get in shape, but if they aren’t in a place in their life where they know they need the change and are willing to do the work it’ll take to get there, chances are not great that they will follow through with the hard work it entails. Successful K2ers know they need to change their lifestyles and are willing to do the hard work it takes to get there.
In order to ensure we have people in our Killer Kurves program who are fully ready to commit, we have an application process for entrance into K2. Killer Kurves is such a time intensive program for our trainers and staff, we want to make sure we are making an impact on those people who are truly ready for a lifestyle change.
5. Those who lose massive amounts of weight don’t strive to be perfect. Instead, they are working hard at making more healthy choices than unhealthy, and when they do stumble and make poor choices, they come back to the group for support, help, and encouragement. In other words, they realize getting to a healthy weight is a journey that will not always be perfect or smooth, but that consistency will get them to their destination!
6. BONUS! The #1 thing my clients who have lost significant amounts of weight all attributed to their success… the awesome support of the Killer Kurves community. It is really hard to explain in words what this community is – it is only truly understood when experienced.
Think of K2 almost like a family – a family that is all striving to be healthier, happier, and more positive together. There are no discouraging words, no sabotaging when people start to see results, no bringing ice cream into bed, and no weird looks or comments when one of us signs up for a sprint tri or mud run. Just high fives, hugs, support and praise.
Another way to think of this Killer Kurves community is like a frat or sorority, minus the drinking and partying. Instead of a Friday night drinking fest, it might be a Friday night group bike ride, or a Saturday morning at the farmers market. Instead of a movie night with candy and unhealthy popcorn, we hold a movie night watching a documentary on a health related topic, with healthy snacks provided and a discussion to follow.
This community is why Killer Kurves has become the successful program it is today. Plus, our trainers have lost 50 or more lbs themselves to qualify to teach K2, so you know they have truly walked in your shoes and understand your journey.
Our M/W/F session sold out even before we opened up any spots, but we still have openings in our T/Th/F spots – although a couple slots have already been taken by those on our waiting list. Sessions are designed to hold only 20 or so participants to ensure each person gets the individualized attention they need.
This program WILL sell out, don’t wait another minute to start your journey. You deserve to have all the energy, joy, and confidence you desire! Killer Kurves can help you achieve your desires!
In the K2 community we do a lot of social things together outside of class. At one of these events, I met a husband of a woman who has been part of our K2 program. She has lost close to 40 lbs this year. He pulled me aside and looked me straight in the eye as he got pretty emotional. He said he wanted to thank me for helping to create K2. He explained that his wife has struggled with her weight her entire adult life and he has never seen her stick with a program as long as she has with K2. She has never seen such dramatic results, most of which have nothing to do with weight loss. He told me K2 has dramatically changed their relationship along with the entire family’s relationships with each other.
I just got goose bumps writing this, thinking back to that conversation. I almost started to cry as he shared with me. All I could do was thank him, and let him know I really had little to do with the program’s creation. Liz, his wife’s trainer and co-creator of the program, the fellow K2 family members, and most especially his wife herself, who has worked so incredibly hard – they are the real heroes and the people who need to be thanked.
If you are in the Madison area and are ready to start your journey, or be supported in the middle of our journey, click here now and get started. This specific program requires you to have a BMI of 30 or greater. If you don’t know what your BMI is we have a calculator on this website, click here to calculate your BMI.