I just got to Napa Valley, from Vancouver. I spent 5 days in Vancouver doing tons of active things. It got me thinking about how to make a vacation more active. One lesson that everyone should know by now is that eating is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight. Despite the fact that I was more active in these 5 days then anytime this year, I still gained 4 lbs because I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted to, which included lots of sugar. Never get too cocky to think you can eat whatever you want because you are active, it will always come back to bite you, and it usually does in the butt and stomach areas. 🙂
Check out this video of a little bit of my hiking, and then I will share with you 10 active things you can do on a vacation. I would love to hear what you like to do for activities.
2. Biking around a city instead of taking a sight seeing bus.
3. Canoeing or kayaking
4. Jogging around a city
5. Climb the tallest building in the city
6. Find a park and do a workout on the equipement
7. Go water skiing or wakeboarding
8. Surfing or knee board
9. horseback riding (okay not that strenuous, but tell that to your butt and inner thighs)
10. Find a class like yoga or specialty class at a gym and do a one session drop in.
I would love to hear what you do on your vacations to stay active.