Hi this is Melissa one of the bloggers. I came up with a tasty recipe tonight I though I would share with everyone. If you try it let me know how it turns out. It was a hit in our house!
Buttery Lemon Garlic Pork
- pork loin (about 1pound)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. non-hydrolyzed gelatin
- salt, pepper and parsley to taste
- Slice pork loin into 1/2″ thick medallions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add medallions and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine and garlic and cook, turning medallions twice, until almost all the liquid is gone. 3 minutes.
- Add broth, turn heat to low and cover, cooking until medallions are done. 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer medallions to platter and keep warm. Add lemon juice, butter, and parsley to skillet, stirring and scraping bottom of pan. Cook until reduced by 1/4. 5 minutes.
- Whisk in gelatin to thicken slightly. Spoon sauce over pork and serve.
- Use a flavorful butter like Kerry Gold or Organic Valley Pastured Butter.
- Squeeze several lemons at one time and freeze juice in ice cube trays. Each cube is approximately 1 tablespoon.
- Get your pastured pork from Jordandal Farms.