I get countless emails from people who ask how do they get the results that they see many of my clients getting. After thinking about what all the clients who I have had the most success with in the past, I have broken it down into 6 key components. If you are missing any one of these, it will make this process much more difficult.
These are my best tips for making sure that you see the physical transformation you are working towards and can keep it off once you have lost what you want to.
To help me with this, I brought in Patty to my fitness show on NBC. Click here to read more about Patty’s story and the amazing transformation she has made.
Here are some of the suggestions Patty would like to share with you!
1. Food Journal – helped me see just how much I was actually eating in a day and how many calories, fat, etc… that added up to. Helped me see how much I actually ate in a day and what that meant for total calories, fat, etc..
2. Change in eating habits – Not only did I change what I ate but I also changed how often I ate. I went from eating 3x a day to eating 5-6x a day. I added more fruits and vegetables into my diet and cut down on portion size for other things I was already eating.
3. Getting into a work-out routine – The problem I had trying to work out on my own was that I never got into a real routine with it, mostly because I didn’t have anyone encouraging me to keep going. This ties in to #4
4. Support of those I was working out with to keep coming back, and a sense of accountabilty I felt to everyone I worked out with – The fact that people noticed when I was gone helped the sense of a family atmosphere shine through. Everyone does want you to reach your goals and they are always encouraging you when things get hard.It’s also a lot easier to work out with a group of people when you get tired than on your own. In the past I would get tired and quit. Now when I get tired I keep going because I know everyone else is tired too but they are pushing through.
5. Exercise variety – Changing the order we do exercises in and what exercises are done on a given day helps me keep from feeling like I’m in an exercise rut.
6. Mindset – You need to be in the right mindset to make the changes necessary. If you are not in that mindset, don’t do the previous suggestions, because you will just be wasting your time.
If you are in the right mindset and want to join a program that will help you with the first 5 tips, feel free to check out Madison Fit Fun Bootcamps or if you area stay at home mom, MamaTone Fitness.
Both programs are extremely affordable and will give you the same quality training and results that you would get from a highly qualified personal trainer.