I am off to California in a few hours for a fitness conference and wanted to quick write to you and thank you! In the past 7 months I have had nearly 100,000 visitors to my websites and 1000’s signing up for my newsletter from all over the world! 8 months ago, I had no idea how to make a website or start a blog, and 100,000 visitors later here I am!
Some fitness professionals thought I was crazy when I wanted to start a blog that would take me 7 hours a week to maintain, and give away $1000’s of dollars worth of fitness information for free that has cost at least $85,000 to obtain, but I have, and always will believe, that if I enrich the lives of others, and provide value to their lives, all my needs and wants will be made available. I challenge you to live your live this way as well.
So here is a small list of those I want to thank:
- Thank you to my clients who I see on a regular basis and pay me for my services allowing me to financially make a career out of this. (The average trainer quits after 2 years and earns about $10,000 less than a school teacher)
- Thank you to all my clients who each day inspire me, by working your BUTTS off each and everyday… Those of you who have never had a session with me, can’t appreciate the intensity level that they put in each and every day, and the high expectations I have.
- Thank you to my family for keeping me grounded.
- Thank you to my mom for spending a couple hours a week writing and researching nutritional recipes and topics to share with everyone.
- Thank you to my girlfriend who puts up with my long hours of work and poor separation of work and free time.
- Thank you to all my fitness mentors I have had along the way: Lori D, Ryan L, Shana M, Ryan C, Chris M, Bob G, Bob H, and Jillian.
- Thank you to the media who has embraced me and allowed me a large platform to share my message to the world. In particular: Sarah Carlson (NBC news), Emmy Fink (Madison CW), Kim Sveum (ABC), and Larry Meiller (WPR).
- Thank you to Supreme Health and Fitness who actually treats their employees with respect and allows us trainers to do what we do best, and gives us the freedom to succeed. Seriously, if you are in Madison and you want a gym to go to, Supreme Health and Fitness is the place to go, cheapest rates, most friendly atmosphere, and great instructors and trainers! (I know that is a little bias, but I do believe it!)
- Thank you to those of you who have referred a friend, family member, or coworker to me to train them.
- Thank you to those of you who faithfully read my blog and add comments.
- Thank you to those of you who share this website with their friends, family and contact list.
- Thank you to those who recognize me on the street or in the grocery store who I have never met, and thank me for doing what I do, and tell me you have made positive changes in your life.
I hope to start a world wide movement of people taking their health seriously, I see 30 years down the road, overweight and obesity will not be the norm, but rather the exception. So please help me out in my cause and share with the world what you have learned and help others view their bodies as a vehicle that needs to be taken care of and respected.